The Beginning...

Well, I've finally set up my first Blog. My husband Dave thinks I need to share my food. Even though he's not so sure about the Paleo eating, he thinks he "eats very well". I just hope the ideas and recipes help you just like the recipes on the many other blogs have helped me.

Food is and always has been a big passion for me. It's only been in the last 30-40 days that I've really been on the Paleo diet. Already I feel better, sleep better, and have none of the nasty digestive issues I didn't even realize were a bother. I am very tuned in to them now.

While my husband isn't sure still, I'm convinced he'll realize the benefits with his own improved health. Last year he suffered a mild heart attack and back surgery 2 weeks apart. His back was so bad I'm convinced it pushed his then clogged heart over the edge. It's been a year now and lately he recovers from his set backs (i.e. doing things he shouldn't) quicker and the nerve/motor function in his foot are getting better. I'll keep you posted on that so we can all see the effects of what we eat. Understand his will power isn't as great as mine, beer for example is still on his list of acceptable items ...

While I understand Dairy is not part of the Paleo diet, I personally am having a hard time giving it up entirely. So do feel free to substitute or omit it. If you too still enjoy it then you'll find these recipes helpful. I've done low carb on and off for years so the transition to Paleo wasn't that hard except for dairy, oh well.

If you live in the greater Phoenix area (or I'll mention cities I'm visiting) I'll also be posting items I find while eating out that fit. It does help to have an idea of what to look for on menu's. I'll even let you know how willing the places are to change dishes, substitute, etc.


Enjoy!

P.S. down 7 pounds so far... start 162.5(all time high for me) currently 155.5... goal 140 we'll see :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment