Colorful food and Dessert

I'm looking at the picture I took of my next recipe and the food is so colorful. I think part of being able to eliminate certain items is the variety and colors you utilize. My next three recipes are very colorful.

First off we have stuffed peppers with a marinara sauce. This is so easy and can really be modified so many ways. type of meat used, spices, sauce, etc. Yellow peppers were on sale this week. I like them better for dishes with a lot of pepper better than the red or green. (I'm not a green pepper person at all) The yellow really goes good with meats as well. I served them with steamed cauliflower and a dice of fresh basil on top.

Next up is a great breakfast side dish or dessert, yogurt and berries. How can you go wrong with berries in summer? I have frozen tons of them because they are on sale now. You really don't need fresh fruit for this anyways. (juice is good)

Lastly ice cream. I got a Vitamix last year for my birthday. That thing can grind just about anything. It's been an investment that has not gone to waste. I use it pretty much daily for dessert, smoothies, mashed turnips, homemade ground meat, the list goes on. I had a mango that was to the point pureeing was really the last option for it. So I made Mango ice cream for dessert one night. You really need the Vitamix for this recipe.
Sorry I don't have pictures of this, I was afraid it would melt to much. It's been in the 100's here. Next time I make it I'll try and get a picture posted.

Taking photos really has been the hardest part. I make some really good stuff and halfway through dinner I kick myself for not taking pictures. I guess I could share the food anyways. No worries the good stuff will get made again:-).

This last weekend we had a dinner out at a friends house. I had a feeling there would be stuff I shouldn't have. What I didn't realize was it was unavoidable. So many people do not do sit down, 4 course meals anymore. I love it cause you actually get to talk in between and savor the food more. I didn't want to refuse the course so I ended up eating 1/4 of a small plate of pasta. I then decided that if I'd already had that I was going to have dessert too. Chocolate mouse, Yum! I survived it all and had a great time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment