Progress and learning

Well I've successfully baked Paleo. I do have a few recipes I'll post in a minute. I am also happy that I've lost a few more pounds. I'm down to 154 even now. I think it's the reduction in the amount of dairy I'm eating. It may just be that it's HOT here in Phoenix now but I'm getting so used to drinking water all the time I've only had 2 cups of coffee all week. And I cannot do black coffee. I also like a little cheese here and there. All reasons I haven't pulled it entirely but I'm certainly watching how much I do use. Ah the learning curve of your body and what it can take.

I started the week thinking I'd try doing Paleo fish-n-chips. Nut crusted fish and rutabaga chips. Neither worked and were barely edible but I was so hungry by then so I ate it anyways. Dave kept saying they weren't that bad... right.

I also found some more sights with recipes and info on them and will link those from here so you can enjoy as well. Some of the recipes I've changed up but I'll link the original when giving my version. OK, now for food ideas!! I'll put the recipes on the recipe page.


This week I made mango salsa (they were on sale so I stocked up). It's good on fritatas, jerk anything, salmon, and just out of the bowl with the plantain chips from Trader Joe's.

I also tried a recipe I found on Everyday Paleo. Meatballs~ only I used ground Turkey and Chicken sausage. So easy cause you use a crockpot and so good. You could probably change up the meats and seasonings other ways and it would still come out delicious. I served mine over eggplant stacks (cut thin lengthwise, grilled, stacked with mozzarella, baked till melted, meatball on top), but you could do spaghetti squash or zucchini 'spaghetti' (julienne lengthwise on mandoline).


Lastly, I made a banana bread recipe I found on Live Primal. I had to bake an extra 10 minutes, but it worked. This morning we had french toast made with it. Yum!!!


I hope to be better at posting next week. I'm trying all kinds of recipes and converting some of my standards. I also need to get better at taking pictures, they are worth a thousand words...

0 comments:

Post a Comment